Penny Lane Surgery is part of Childwall and Wavertree Primary Care Network (PCN)
Childwall & Wavertree Primary Care Network is an NHS Collaboration between 7 local GP Practices - Greenbank Drive Surgery, Greenbank Road Surgery, Lance Lane Medical Centre, Mossley Hill Surgery, Penny Lane Surgery, Rutherford Medical Centre and The Valley Medical Centre. We are GP-led, working to ensure our local population is as healthy as possible, now and in the future.
Our surgery teams are working closely with each other, enjoying the ability to share expertise and resources, to develop new services. Our vision is to continue to improve the quality of care that we provide in alignment with the need of our patient population. Because we are part of a PCN we are able to take advantage of additional staff roles that are now available to support all of our patients. These additional roles help us to provide the right care at the right time, from the right professional.
As part of the PCN, we are able to provide the below services to patients registered with any of the 7 practices in the PCN;
- Health and wellbeing coach
- Social prescriber
- Covid-19 vaccination clinics (we vaccinated 79,000+ patients)
We have also worked together to organise several patient events (with more planned in the future);
- A support and advice session for carers of patients with Dementia
- A women's health event to explore treatment and support for patients going through menopause
- A monthly bereavement support group for patients who have lost a loved one
- A quarterly patient participation group to explore future plans for the PCN