Once your baby has been born, you will be seen for a 6-8 week post natal check up with a GP to make sure you feel well and you are recovering properly. Your baby is normally seen at the same time for a 6-8 week check-up.
Your post natal check will normally include the following;
- You will be asked how you are feeling as part of a general discussion about your mental health and wellbeing.
- You will be asked if you still have any vaginal discharge and whether you have had a period since the birth.
- Your blood pressure will be checked if you had problems during pregnancy or immediately after the birth.
- You may be offered an examination to see if your stitches have healed if you had an episiotomy or a C-section.
- If you were due for a cervical screening test while pregnant, this should be rescheduled for 12 weeks after the birth.
- You will be asked about contraception
More information can be found by following the below link;