Health Promotion/ Self Referral Services
Did you know that you do not need to see a GP if you wish to be referred to any of the below services, simply contact your preferred service yourself and let them know that you wish to access the service;
- NORTHWEST DRIVING ASSESSMENT SERVICE - Assessments on behalf of The DVLA for patients who believe that an assessment of their fitness to drive would be beneficial following illness, injury or diagnosis of a notifiable condition (such as dementia or a stroke). Contact directly by telephone on 01942 483 713 or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org Please aware that there is a £50 charge for this service.
- SMOKEFREE LIVERPOOL - Support to stop smoking (referrals can be received by partners and from residents of Liverpool directly by: Telephone: 0800 061 4212 / 0151 375 2535 or Online: www.smokefreeliverpool.co.uk )
- LIVERPOOL COMMUNITY ALCOHOL SERVICE - Support to reduce alcohol consumption (you can refer yourself directly into the Liverpool Community Alcohol Service by calling directly on 0151 529 4504. If you are a friend, relative or carer of someone you suspect of having an alcohol problem, you can also access the service for free confidential advice)
- SUNFLOWERS CENTRE - Supporting patients, relatives and carers living with cancer (the service can be accessed by dropping into the centre, calling or emailing 0151 726 8934 / email@example.com)
- LIVERPOOL COMMUNITY HEALTH PODIATRY SERVICE - The service is delivered by qualified podiatrists who are registered with the Health Care Professions Council and are supported by podiatry assistants who can help you with nail problems, corn and callous reduction, wound care, biomechanical assessment, gait analysis and provision of orthoses/insoles/arch supports, foot health education including footwear advice, falls and rehabilitation podiatry. To access the service, visit the website http://www.liverpoolcommunityhealth.nhs.uk/health-services/podiatry-service.htm and complete the referral form.
- TALK LIVERPOOL - One to one, online therapy and courses for people who suffer with depression, OCD, health anxiety, social anxiety, phobias, PTSD and panic attacks (the service can be accessed by completing a simple form on the website https://www.talkliverpool.nhs.uk/can-we-help-you/what-problems-can-we-help-with/ )
- LIVERPOOL BEREAVEMENT SERVICE - Bereavement service offering one to one counselling. You can refer yourself directly to the service by contacting them on 0151 236 3932 (answer machine is available after office hours) or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org Visit the website for more information http://liverpoolbereavement.com/
You can also search for other available services in Liverpool on the following website;
Many things improve by themselves, or with the right advice.
NHS choices has a great "Health A-Z" section, giving advice on managing a large range of conditions.
NHS Choices http://www.nhs.uk
Your local pharmacist will offer consultations and provide advice and treatment for a range of minor illnesses. You can even get a prescription for certain conditions with the "Care at the Chemist" scheme. They are also trained to recognise the warning signs of more serious illness and will be able to suggest you see your doctor.