Practice Obligations and Responsibilities
- You will be treated as an individual and will be given courtesy and respect at all times.
- You have the right to be treated confidentially.
- Respect for religious and cultural beliefs will be honoured.
- We will endeavour to answer the telephone promptly and courteously.
- You have a right to information about your own health (illness and treatment, possible side effects, prevention of recurring illness etc.).
- We will offer medical advice and information for promotion of good health.
- You have the right to see your own medical records subject to the limitations of the law. A charge may be made.
- We may give you test results when you telephone the surgery for them, or you may be asked to make an appointment with the doctor to discuss them. Please telephone after 2 o'clock when the telephone is less busy. You will be given a time to see a doctor in accordance with the system used in this practice. If there is likely to be a substantial delay for any reason, you will be given an explanation.
- Routine referral letters for hospital appointments will normally be dispatched within three working days of the referral being agreed with the doctor. Urgent referrals for hospital appointments may be faxed, telephoned or provided as a handwritten note for the patient to take to the hospital.
Patient Obligations and Responsibilities
- We ask that you treat our doctors and all practice staff with courtesy and respect.
- The first hour of the morning can be extremely busy. Please keep telephone calls brief. If possible, leave routine calls until later in the day.
- You are responsible for your own health and that of your children. Please take
the advice given to you at the practice.
- Let us know immediately if you change your address or name and remember to provide us with your telephone number and postcode.
- You can discuss any medical matter with the doctor, including asking for a second opinion.
- Please let us know if you are unable to keep an appointment. We can offer that appointment to someone else.